Time management: mastering the challenges of today’s labor markets
The constantly shifting labor markets and a steady flow of reforms favoring employees are forcing medium-sized companies, in particular, to rethink their strategies. To remain competitive in increasingly globalized markets, all resources must be used to optimum effect. The scarce resource of manpower, in particular, requires fundamental rethinking. It is becoming more and more important for modern time and attendance management to perceive employees as individuals with their own needs and specific working time requirements, and to deploy them accordingly — economically and optimized to fit the process.
Time management software enables working times to be recorded, evaluated and analyzed by the principle of causality. Statutory regulations such as the European Court of Justice (CJEU) judgment on obligatory working time recording, the introduction of a minimum wage in Germany or the obligatory requirement to record working time in Switzerland mean that it is essential to get to grips with the issue of IT-supported time and attendance management.
Demands made of time management
- Retroactively applicable and multi-variant capability
- Payment terms taken into account
- Automatic warning if rules are breached
- Reporting tools and dialogs flexibly designed
- Benefit-based authorization system
- Working times evaluated in compliance with company agreements, collective agreements and legislation.
- Data automatically transmitted to payroll
Comprehensive functionality, innovative technology
ATOSS offers a comprehensive software portfolio ranging from time recording, access control, time management and self services through workforce forecasting and human resource planning to long-term capacity planning. We have the right solution for any challenge and any company size. We support companies in responding to market requirements quickly and cost-effectively and putting working time flexibilization concepts into practice.
The active inclusion of employees in time management promotes personal responsibility and fosters motivation, resulting in turn in better performance and service quality. As a specialist in modern workforce management, ATOSS has developed various modules for the employee-oriented organization of working time. They include, for example, an Employee & Manager Self Service as the ideal extension of an employee portal devoted to time and attendance management or apps for mobile workforce management. Functions such as preferred duty planning or shift exchange platforms contribute to a better work-life balance.
Benefits and Effects
- Master data administered
- Times recorded independently of time, place or device
- Time management with intuitive, userfriendly interface
- Times evaluated for payroll accounting
- Compliance with legislation and rules
- Analysis and controlling with individual reports